Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sunday, Bloody Sunday (and Monday)

Ok, I know I’ve been a bit 24 obsessed, but you must understand that I have very little TV time in my life and so the things I do enjoy watching, I tend to go a little, um, overboard about. [Former English teacher snark: Yeah, I ended a sentence with a preposition. What of it?] This show is one of my few guilty pleasures and I’m enjoying it right now. So sue me.

So, anyway, I’ve decided that this year I’m going to keep a running log of the body count. Just out of curiosity. I know it’s always a lot, but I’m curious to see just how much blood and gore I’m absorbing through my favorite television show. So far, I’ve counted up to thirteen with another unconfirmed (read: I’m guessing on this one, but the Fox website doesn’t mention it). They are as follows:

Episode 1 – 4 pm to 5 pm

  • Informant Victor Aruz’s business associates, Manny and Mauricio
  • two NYC officer arresting Jack in the alley when they see him trying to field dress Aruz’s wound
  • the sniper and spotter who were responsible for Aruz’s wound
  • Victor Aruz

Episode 2 – 5 pm to 6 pm

  • two CTU helicopter guys, killed along with Aruz
  • NYC cop Jack Koernig and his wife Maggie

Episode 3 – 6 pm to 7 pm

  • No dead folks in this one. Weird. I know.

Episode 4 – 7 pm to 8 pm

  • the CTU agent stabbed by President Hassan’s brother, Farhad
  • Darvos

The unsubstantiated death from this episode is Hassan’s driver. I know his bodyguard survived, but we don’t see the driver and I’m assuming that he probably didn’t make it through the fiery rolling crash, although Hassan and his man do.

Oh, and I have put Jack’s kills in bold. So far there’s not that many. I don’t see that trend holding.

Yeah, I know, I need a hobby.

Whatever.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment