Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sickos

All I can say is that those folks who make themselves throw up so they can be skinny are C-R-A-Z-Y.

This has officially been the worst seventy-two hours of my life, and I include both pregnancies in that configuration. (Women who go on about how wonderful they felt when they were pregnant make me sick, but that’s a whole ‘nother story…) From watching both of my children and my husband all being as sick as one can be and not be in a hospital, to being that sick myself, it has been a terrible ordeal. It seemed that once one person got done being sick, another one would pick up the torch and continue in the Vomit Relay.

I, for one, am ready for someone else to be crowned Vomitous Maximus.

The boy and I are going back to our respective schools tomorrow and I think we’re both ready for it. Laura is probably going to have to stay home another day—she’s had a heaping helping of diarrhea to go with her vomiting (blowin’ and goin’ at both ends, you might say…). Robert will be staying with her tomorrow and if she doesn’t clear up, I’ll be with her on Thursday. I’ve pretty much eaten through all of my sick leave and will most likely have to pay for these days right-out, but there’s not a lot to be done about it.

So, off to bed to rest up for work. We’re benchmarking at work, so that should be fun. (See my previous posts regarding TAKS/standardized testing…)

No comments:

Post a Comment