Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ducks in a Row

So, I’ve got tons of crap to do this week and it kind of all crept up on me without me noticing. Of course. Sigh.

First and foremost, I’ve got to get grades in the computer. They’re actually due by next Monday, but I’m going to Houston on Friday with the State VASE winners and so I won’t be in class to take last second work from teenagers. So sad for them. ;)

Speaking of not being here on Friday, I need to get stuff ready for the sub on that day. Seems simple enough, but I’ve put off enough times to know that if I don’t get a jump on it, it will go from child’s play to me running around like a chicken with my head cut off in no time flat. So. Need to get some work gathered up.

Really need to get some laundry done. I’ve been kind of piddling with it this weekend, but I need to get serious about it and get caught up. Bleh.

Need to run an extra day since I only ran two days last week. Harrison probably won’t be happy about that, but the dangling carrot of the Red Nose Run has kept him going thus far so maybe that will help. He’s been checking out the CircusFit website and is really excited about that, so maybe it will hold his attention. He’s doing pretty well—much better than I would have figured he’d do. At the very least, he’s getting much, much better at situps, which he’s been doing at karate for months now but has not gotten really proficient with until now. So that’s cool.

Need to get my sunflower seeds in the ground. Have the bed made up and ready to drop seeds in, just didn’t get them in this weekend. The nice thing is that planting them takes mere minutes. Then I just have to remember to water them every day. Sigh. As a corollary note to the planting, I need to get some pine bark mulch to go in my flower beds. In the kids’ sunflower house, I’m putting it in the middle as a cushion on which they can sit. In the neighboring lasagna bed, I’m putting it down the middle, much as I did last year, to serve as a walking path. Oddly enough, I’m not putting it anywhere to actually serve as a mulch, I don’t think. I didn’t use it last year and the plants did just fine. Thinking that I’m going to continue with that plan.

Oh, yeah, I need to sleep, too, I think. Long weekend wore me out. On Friday, Robert and I went out on the first Date Night we’ve had in, well, I don’t remember how long. The next day we went to Canton and walked around for a few hours in the spring sun. The weather was just about perfect for the outing, but it still wore us all out. Today we did Easter at church, including a killer egg hunt (thanks Zoe!) and then went to visit family members far and wide.

Suffice it to say, we’re all beat. The hubby and the kids are all sacked out and I’m heading that direction as soon as I hit ‘Send.’

So, good night one and all. Happy Easter, Happy Ostara, Happy Spring, Happy Whatever You Like To Celebrate!

Happy Bed Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment