Tuesday, April 13, 2010

24 Body Count

You know, most of the time I like being right. I revel in it. Do the “I’m right and you’re wrong” dance. That sort of thing.

I hated being right tonight.

Episode 17: 8 am to 9 am

  • As I’ve been predicting for weeks, Renee got shot tonight. She, of course, got some horizontal hula on with Jack right beforehand, so that they were both at the peak of their happiness before she had to die. Der. She had to die, of course, because Jack cannot be happy—it’s in his contract. Less existentially, though, she had to die because…
  • …earlier in the show, she saw a Russian guy pushing Angry Middle Eastern Guy Who Assassinated M.E.P. on a gurney. What she didn’t see was that the Russian guy injected some sort of toxin that gave Angry a delayed cardiac arrest. To kill him. She died because the Russian guy recognized her and decided that she had to be taken out before she remembered where she had seen him before. (I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back to see if I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me…) He, of course, was going to kill Jack too, but I mean, c’mon, the season’s not over yet so he can’t die. Silly Russke.
  • Russian Hit Guy also killed an innocent apartment dweller who had the misfortune to have an office across the way from Jack which made his window the perfect place from which to snipe. Apparently in 24 World, you can’t even be sitting at work minding your own business without getting gutted.

So. Three total kills this episode. Seventy for the season. Jack’s got thirteen for the season, but I’ve got the feeling that number’s about to go waaaaaaay up. Just a hunch, you might say.

In other news, Chloe’s in charge of CTU now. Bubba Gump is being blamed for hiring G.W.W.F.H.O.H.S and causing this whole mess of a day. M.E.P.’s wife is about to be signed in as Provisional President so she can sign the peace deal. Oh, and former President Logan the Weasel’s back in action, trying to “help” convince the Russians that they need to play nice on the peace deal.

So, good episode. I mean, it kind of sucked, but very much a motivated plot.

Still waiting for Tony…

No comments:

Post a Comment