Monday, August 31, 2009

Deep Thoughts

Can’t think straight, my brain is so foggy. I know that’s all I whine about these days, but it’s seriously wearing on me. I got a few good days of downtime this past weekend, but I think it’s going to take a little more to get me cleared up and back on track. Maybe with this three-day weekend coming up, I can get it together.

Harrison made it to my room this afternoon just fine. One of the Special Ed. aides brought him to me and as soon as he walked in with the boy, he looked at me and said, “Man, he likes to talk!” I hope my chirpy boy isn’t going to be too much for him. I mean, he’s got a boy in Kindergarten, too, so I imagine that he gets a lot of the chatter from home as well. Maybe all Kindergarteners aren’t like this? I don’t know—I’ve not spent a whole lot of time around Kinders who weren’t mine. Harrison did well with the sitting and coloring while I wrapped things up in my classroom business. I think it’s going to work out fine. I introduced him to Mary and Jessica across the hall and they have said that he is welcome to come into their room any time that he wants, so he’ll probably end up spending the final minutes of the school day with them while I’m working.

One day down, four more to the big weekend. Hope my kids remember their shoes this tomorrow. We’ve been brainstorming our Glue A Shoe visual puns, and they’ve got some good ideas, but if they don’t have their shoes, they can’t get started. Guess we’ll see how many kids end up with zeroes tomorrow.

I feel like I should be trying harder to come up with something profound to say. Maybe there’s not always something profound. Maybe life is just made up of bits and pieces and when I look back at all this in a year, it will just be cool to see what I was thinking at this moment in time, rather than that I’ve always got something pithy to say.

Maybe I just got profound with that idea. Gah. Can’t escape it!

No comments:

Post a Comment