Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It was going to be so cool…!

My beyond-adorable son and his Veteran’s Day message for his Uncle Mikey. I know it’s sappy and knee-jerk patriotism to get a five-year-old to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but I couldn’t resist. And besides, he was so proud to have done it.
I’m very proud of my big brother who has served in the Air Force for almost 20 years and of my little patriot.
Happy Veteran’s Day everyone!

Ok, if you can’t tell, I got my son to say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing a cute flag song into my phone and was going to be all techy and get it posted on my blog tonight, thus making my posting life quick and easy and something that people would oooh and aaaah over, genuflecting to the overall cuteness of my progeny.

Yeah, technology and I aren’t BFFs any more.

Dang iPhone.

If I ever figure it out, I’ll get it posted on here since it really is cute as the dickens, but it won’t be happening tonight. I’m spending the night getting ready to leave out for my art teacher conference in the morning. I’m going to go eat lunch with the boy and then head off to the Big D for some cool workshops, some gabfests with other over-worked and under-appreciated art teachers and some serious mooching off the vendors. I’ll miss the husband and the kids, but I won’t miss the cafeteria duty I’m very sadly not going to be able to complete. I’ll post pictures and updates as the mood (and chances) strike me.

No comments:

Post a Comment