Friday, February 19, 2010

Ragged Run

So.

Tough week.

Seems that all I’ve done all week is run my arse off. Monday night I had a sewing class at the shop from which I got my machines. Should have had these classes last year, but they didn’t tell me about them. When they asked me about my lapsed membership back in December, I said I didn’t know what the devil they were talkin’ about and they gave me a complimentary membership for this year. So that’s cool. It eats up one Monday night a month, so that’s normally not too bad a thing. In a week like this, though, it was kind of tough.

Tuesday I fell asleep at 8 pm. Ran myself ragged at work trying to get the last of the (very late!!!) grades in before report cards and was just exhausted. Couldn’t even finish a cartoon with the family. Sigh.

Wednesday, more getting of the grades in. Karate class—took both kids as it was patch day at the office for Robert. Lugging that stupid infant car seat around is getting old. She’s getting a forward facing car seat ASAP. Which, in the grand scheme of things, I think she’ll like. She’ll get a new view of the world and, frankly, she’s been too tall for the other seat for some time now.

Thursday, spent hours matting artworks, getting ready for contest. Longview WOW meeting. Wind is your Friend! Foisted the kids off on Robert (who took them to another night of karate—there’s a tournament coming up, yo, and my boy has to get his practice in so he’ll be ready to kick some bootay!). Made supper when I got home. Crashed in bed after midnight.

Friday, school function. High school kids dancing to 1940s music. Cute. Probably too exhausted to enjoy it because I spent the better part of the day with more art competition preparations. Finally got it all wrapped up around 5:30. I’m now sitting around, thinking I should be in bed since Sister Mary S is going to be picking me up at the butt crack of dawn to go get a van to drive to the contest. Where I’ll be for hours.

I love this contest, but I’m preparing myself to be exhausted tomorrow night. Physically, emotionally, you name it. It’s the one big contest I participate in each year. I support the other art teachers in a few other things they have their kids enter, but this is my big enchilada. I’m taking some really good pieces that I think will do really well. My biggest worry is for the kids and how they will do in their interviews with the judges. I think, though, that it’s going to be fine. It always is.

I just need to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment