Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vegetarians Need Not Apply

We’re back on the low carb wagon.

I’m actually pretty excited about it. Now that we’re definitely done with having kids and I’m kind of catching my breath from becoming a parent again six and one-half months ago, I feel like we’ve got a fighting chance. We’ve tried dieting in the past few months, but I will be the first to admit that I was halfhearted about it, at best. I wanted the results, but I just didn’t have the energy to put into making it happen.

So now, school is back in, the kids are in their respective schooling/care facilities and time isn’t going to slow down any more than it already is. Robert went grocery shopping last night and spent a ton of money on meats and the various things that go with this lifestyle. I was not truly prepared this morning, but I soldiered through and amazingly didn’t cheat once, even though I had several chances to do so.

After a nap when we got home from school, I sent Harrison to play in his room and I spent several hours getting food prepped so that it would be ready to grab and run. I just don’t have time for a lot of sit-down meals, but grabbing a few peeled boiled eggs or meat muffins and eating them while I’m driving to work is totally doable. After getting the ‘to go’ foods made and put away, I pulled out the stuff for one of my old favorites, Cheesy Chili Pork Chops. It’s a quick, super easy recipe that tastes phenomenal and is very filling. As a bonus, I had enough left over to pack a chop for lunch tomorrow.

My biggest immediate hurdle will be not pigging out at BUNCO tomorrow night. I am going to pick up some kind of carby crap to take—cake, cookies, whatever—but I’m going to eat two or three meat muffins before I head so I won’t be hungry and all I’ll do while there is drink diet soda or coffee. I think I’m going to be able to do it.

I’m tired of excuses. I’m tired of huffing and puffing at the top of one flight of stairs. I’m tired of aches and pains that are too much for someone my age.

So we’ll see.

We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment