Friday, September 11, 2009

He Has A Plan…

Harrison was ugly at school today. Very ugly. I won’t go into specifics, but suffice it to say that I was horrified and embarrassed for him. We discussed it after we got back to my room (no pep rally today!) and I think he understands the severity of what he did. I think.

We discussed options for better ways to express how angry he was. Later, when I was deep in thought (read: on the toilet), he came up to me and said, “Mommy, do you want to hear my plan?”

Well, of course I did. I have written it down as best as memory serves, trying to keep as much of the “Harrison-speak” in it as possible.

“What I need is a angry face in my belly. Then, when I’m angry, my friends will see it and know I’m angry. I need a machine in my back that I can pull a stick on and it will pull the angry face out of my belly. Then, when you push the stick back in, the angry face will come back.”

Why the angry face has to come back, I don’t know, but that was his idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment