Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scrubbed Clean

Did a test run of the seed paper I’m facilitating at Alley Fest in a month today. It went pretty well, but I’m definitely going to want to do a little bit more planning on it before the actual day. Harrison and his friend Jace “helped,” and Jace’s mom actually helped, so it all came out well. The boys said the paper pulp reminded them of alien poop, which begs the question: when has my son been exposed to alien poop? ;)

Got the kitchen pretty sparkly today and made some serious headway in the guest bathroom. Organized the medicine closet, culled out a big, horkin’ box of old meds (need to find where to take expired prescriptions—anyone?) and Robert scrubbed the toilet out. I’ll be spending this week working in there and in the office, so I am excited about that.

I also got Harrison to work in his room for about an hour today. We moved his bed around so it’s easier for him to make it in the morning and we cleared out some trash. His desk is still buried under a ton of crap, but at least we’ve made a good start. I think I’m going to have him work on his while I’m working on mine.

The baby birds are doing well, as well.  Momma Bird has even deigned to come back to the nest while I’m on the porch and doesn’t fly off immediately if I show up, so I’m feeling a little bit less traumatized.

In all, a really nice Sunday. Very relaxed and very much enjoyed.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment