Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer’s Here!

I know I’m a humbug, but I really dislike graduations. I’ve not enjoyed any of the ones I’ve had to participate in, either as a student “moving on to the next phase of my life” or as a teacher watching self-involved teenagers prance around the stage and swagger as if they just won the lottery when all they did was scrape by in enough classes to survive.

(It might be noted that I’m effing tired from school and life and all that blah blah blah business and I might be a bit bitter about the fact that I was just at a command attendance for our school’s graduation. It was actually lovely and I was very proud of many of the kids [and, quite frankly, surprised to see some of the others]. I think it’s time for me to take my sweaty, stanky, sleepy self back to bed and get some rest so I can forget about how crappy I feel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment