Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Bathing Beauty, She

I let the kids play in the sprinkler today. Harrison loved it. Laura, not so much. I mean, she was ok at first, but when the water hit her she decided that it was not really what she wanted out of the experience.

I changed the hose from the regular sprinkler that I have set up to water my garden in the backyard  to the Elmo sprinkler in hopes that she would lighten up and decide to play and have fun. (Yes, this is the sprinkler that was recalled last year due to lead in the paint. No, mine was not part of the run that had too much lead.)

Not happening.

photo.jpg

Very far from the squirting demon Elmo. Very safe.

Sigh.

She did play around in other parts of the yard, though, and Harrison had a blast, so it wasn’t a total wash.

photo.jpg

Afterwards, when she was dried off and warmed back up, she hid in her new favorite hiding spot. Nope. No water here!

photo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment