Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swimming Along

We went swimming today, so Harrison got to show off some of his skillz he’s picking up at classes. It went pretty well, but the Boy took a little bit to find his seaman’s legs, so to speak. Once he got comfortable, he did pretty well, although he tried to fight the two year old for the floating boat. I can dress him up, but I just can’t take him out, sometimes…

Class was OK tonight. We’re having a tough time getting him to listen. You’ll be giving him instructions (short, concise and to the point—I’ve read the parenting books, so I know how it should be done, even if I don’t always follow through) and halfway through your instructions, his eyes will wander off and he’ll be done listening. You ask him, “Where you listening?” and he’ll reply, “Yes, Mommy, I was listening so good!” So you ask him, “What did I just say?” and he says, “I don’t know.”

I know why some animals eat their young.

So it’s not any surprise that he missed out on part of the play time at the end of lessons tonight. He was warned repeatedly and continued to ignore his teacher. I had half a mind to go grab him and make him leave lessons, but I wanted to see how he would play out. He was pissed that he didn’t get to play at the end. She eventually let him go play with the others, but I would have held him the entire time. I guess I’m too hard on him, but he’s got to learn that listening and following directions are integral to life. It’s wearing me out, but I’m going to get that lesson through his (very, very thick) skull if it kills me.

I worked on his Oooga Booga shirt today. It’s coming along nicely, if I do say so. I’m stumped on the hems because my serger is being a stupid-head and won’t do a coverstitch like it’s supposed to. I’m sure I’m not threading it right, so I’m going to play with it again tomorrow when both kids are out of the house and I can hear myself think. Assuming I can get that bit working, I should be able to get the shirt done in very little time. Will post pics when I get it done, hopefully of a happy boy wearing his new favorite shirt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment